Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today's class was really helpful. Hearing about and seeing what the TAs are up to was pretty inspiring and it gave me ideas for things that I'd like to get out of this course. One is just to work with wood. I've always wanted to build things with wood, and I've only done a few things with it (a while ago), so it'd be nice to try and explore that material at some point. I'm particularly interested in building furniture, and I know there's a lot of experienced people in this class between the TAs and the professors, so I think this semester would be a good place to start.
So I definitely want the class to keep going on the building block trail. I think doing anything too ambitious (and I like how Pete called it ambiguous, because collaborative things I've done too early in the semester end up being ambiguous and too loose) wouldn't really help me toward realizing my many goals in this class (ie. to work with new materials - namely wood, among others, to push myself in understanding my own creative process, to collaborate in this process.... many others). And the trajectory of the semester just sounds good - moving from material to material, getting deeper conceptually and more challenging and perhaps more experimental as we go. I'm getting more and more excited for what this class has to offer this semester...

No comments:

Post a Comment